I was invited to give an opening remark speech for Global Chamer 2nd Annual International Student Symposium 2017. They asked me what I want to talked about, I thought it for two days, decided to put the topic as: Things I wish I knew when I was 20.
So I look back to when I was a college student, I remember I set lots of goals: I want to go to work in this company, I want to study in that county, I want to buy a house. I want to have a boyfriend like that. It is all good goals, but what will happen if you didn’t get what you want? I feel anxious, I compare myself to other people and I feel I am not good enough, I sometimes regret that I chose the wrong major and I was really busy and lots of stress. Then I feel stuck.
So I decided to talk about the following stuff: TRUST, RESPONSIBILITY, BREATH, PRESENCE, CHOICE, POSSIBILITY
- Trust: Do you believe this is a friendly universe? Do you trust that everyone is creative, resourceful and whole that everything will flow out just right naturally?
- Responsibility: Take responsibility for your own life, you are responsible to your own happiness.Don’t blame others for your unhappiness or your stuck.
- Keep Breath, the breath connect to your heart with present moment,
- Be present, not regret of the past, no fear to the future
- Keep exercise, physical health is the ultimate thing.
- Living in a choice, think about long term impact on your choice. Follow your heart, live with your passion
- POSSIBILITY: You have lots of possibilities in life, what is possible? Make a good choice for yourself.
After the talk. I drove home feeling unsettled, since I don’t know if those college student got it. I doubt myself that is it a good speech. After arrive home, I received a letter from an attendee, he said he was so touched by the talk. I feel really happy today!